Acting United States Attorney A. Lee Bentley, III announced a grand jury returned five indictments charging seven men with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud. The men charged are John J....
There has long been a principal of upmost good faith in Marine Insurance, i.e. you have to disclose information that is relevant, even if you are not asked for it and this recent case form Puerto...
If you work in Alaska, you have probably received a notice from the Alaska DOI regarding a hearing regarding the AK export list. Details can be found at...
We have just completed our exclusive London Excess program and are open for submissions. It provides up to a $10 million limit on a first excess/umbrella, or on excess layers and will participate...
We are pleased to announce the release of the “"Waveline 2013: State of the Marine & Longshore Market" , commissioned from LIG’s national survey in January 2013 to gauge the state of...
Willie David Williams has been awarded a unanimous $9.6 million jury verdict against Diamond Offshore Services. Mr. Williams was employed by Diamond Offshore on a semi-submersible drilling vessel,...
If you write business in Alaska, you have probably received a notice from the Alaska DOI regarding a hearing regarding the AK export list. Details can be found at...
If you are not in the Longshore market frequently you may not have noticed that almost overnight we have switched to a hard market, for virtually every significant traditional Longshore carrier. ...
LS202 -- Never heard of this Longshore form? Perhaps you or your clients need to know about it now or at least need a reminder. Officially it is titled “Employer's...
Following the expansion of Longshore into the security world in K.L. v. Blue Marine Security BRB No. 08-0789 (Apr. 16, 2009) (see this blog June 2009 for details) the BRB has further expanded the...
LIG Educational & Consulting Services provides unique training seminars throughout
the country. For the current list of seminars go to All
In addition LIGECS is the co-sponsor of the acclaimed marine professional designation CMIP IIMIS
The Longshore blog is a free service to keep you up to date with what is going on
in the Longshore market.
Our sister company also provides books, CD's, checklists and other training material.
The Longshore Insurance Toolbox is the single resource for you to research, learn,
quote and use our library on Longshore (also known as USL&H) insurance. It is
brought to you by the LIG Marine Group, who are at the center of The Longshore insurance
To find out if your risk has a Longshore or Admiralty Exposure go to
Select the Research, Learn, Quote or Library tabs above for additional information.
Agency Appointment InstructionsFor your convenience, our Agency Appointment process is online.
- Your agency/agent license numbers for the states in which you wish to access LIG programs.
- Your surplus lines license number for any states in which you want to be appointed EXCEPT Florida.
- Your agency’s E&O carrier name, limits, and expiration date.
- Select Appoint Now below
- Click “Submit Agency Application” when completed to submit your Application.
(opens new window)
Our online programs are the quickest/fastest way to quote most accounts:QUOTE.LIGPM
- Longshore Lite for WC/Longshore up to $100,000 premium
- Longshore Lite With MEL
- Just for Energy WC, Longshore and MEL for Energy accounts under $100,000 premium
- Marine General Liability/Shiprepairers Legal Liability/ Terminal Operators & Stevedores Legal Liability
- Maritime Employer's Liability Monoline
- Commercial Marine Package program
- Marine Umbrella
- Commercial Vessel
- International Package
You will receive a quick confirmation of receipt and your underwriter assignment.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
12 Leadenhall St.
London, England EC3V 1LP
Houston, TX 77024
San Fransisco, CA 94111
Columbus, OH 43219
Philadelphia, PA 19113
Seattle, WA 98109
- Submissions Submit@LIGMarine.com
- Questions Ask@LIGMarine.com
- Bind Orders New & Renewal Bind@LIGMarine.com
- Service MMService@LIGMarine.com
- Accounting Accounting@LIGMarine.com
- Claims WC/Longshore Insured must report directly to carrier. Contact information is provided with every binder.
- Claims All Others Claims@LIGMarine.com